There is an application fee waiver for veterans and servicemembers. For more details, please contact the Registrar at email@example.com.
AIC maintains a rolling admissions process. Beginning in November, the Admissions Committee meets once each month to review applications. Priority is given to applications filed by or before April 1 for Fall admissions and by November 1 for Spring admissions. Applications received after the priority deadline will be considered if space is available. All applications received prior to April 1, will be notified by the AIC Admissions Committee by or before May 15. Early applications may be notified much sooner.
- A completed Undergraduate School Application Form with the $25 processing fee.
- An official copy of your high school transcript or evidence of the completion of a GED (hand-delivered but sealed copies of official transcripts are acceptable).
- An essay of no less than 500 words, submitted with your Admissions Application, which addresses the following question: “Why I would like to major in Islamic Studies”.
- A copy of the results of your ACT or SAT scores.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors or extracurricular activity supervisors.
- A completed Graduate School Application Form with the $25 processing fee.
- An official copy of your BA (or both BA and MA) transcript(s) from an accredited institution (hand-delivered but sealed copies of official transcripts are acceptable).
- Either a writing sample based on one of your previous classes or an original essay of no less than 1000 words, describing your interests, aspirations, and previous background in this field (this should be submitted with your online application).
- A copy of the results of your GRE or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or employers who have direct knowledge of your academic ability and potential.
Application Forms (Online)
Application Forms (PDF)
Application Fee – $25
3 hr credit course – $750
4 hr credit course – $1,000
3 hr non-credit course – $375
4 hr non-credit course – $500
Scholarships are available for academically qualified students who demonstrate financial need.
The Admissions Office of American Islamic College will be happy to assist you in your application and admission process. For details on upcoming Open Houses or to schedule a tour and meet with an admissions counselor, please contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773.281.4700. The Admissions Committee reviews and accepts applicants each term. Applications may be submitted on a rolling basis. If there is still space in the program, the Admissions Office may continue to accept applications after the deadline. *Most students accepted in the Summer Term will begin regular classes in the Fall.
Freshmen & transfer students entering AIC will be awarded AIC course credit in the amounts indicated below provided official AP score reports are submitted to the office of admission prior to enrolling at AIC.
5 extremely well qualified
4 well qualified
2 possibly qualified
1 no recommendation